Linda was built by Mackay boatbuilders of Finstown, Orkney in early 1938-9 for the price of £8 5s. She was handed over to her new owner Andrew Meil of Dyke-End, St. Ola, Kirkwall on the 28th March 1939.
In her early years one of the users of Linda was a young Johnny Meil who despite the wartime conditions secured a number of permits from the then King’s Harbour Master for fishing in Scapa Flow.
As she arrived
After a little cleaning